UNWTO and the Government of the Republic of San Marino are joining hands again to provide an international platform for governments, destinations and the private sector, to tackle some of the most critical points on the global accessibility agenda with regards to tourism. The gathering will also put in the spotlight a series of advanced policies and innovative tourism experiences spearheaded by destinations and tourism service providers. The conference will feature technical debates on the development of accessibility strategies and standards, the business case of accessible tourism, as well as its contribution to overall service excellence and life quality.
What are the objectives of the Conference?
- Discuss the leadership of governments and destinations in advancing accessibility
- Introduce Universal Design principles applied to the tourism value chain
- Present recent international accessible tourism guidance tools and standards
- Feature best practices in improving accessibility in transportation and mobility
- Put forward innovative solutions in access to cultural heritage, nature areas, leisure and sports
- Debate on accessibility as an untapped business opportunity for the tourism industry
Who is this Conference for?
- Ministers and policy makers at the forefront of national tourism administrations
- Destinations management organizations in charge of marketing and promotion
- Tourism business owners, managers and other professionals leading the industry
- Developers of IT solutions, start-ups and technical experts in accessibility
- Organizations of persons with disabilities, civil society and social enterprises
- International organizations, development and cooperation agencies
Which benefits and take aways do participants get?
- Learn about accessibility from first-hand accounts of end-users with specific requirements
- Get inspired by best practices and accessibility solutions proven successful across Europe
- Harness an international platform to spread the word about your own initiatives
- Meet your peers to identify new collaboration and networking opportunities
- Become part of the UNWTO & San Marino Declaration 2023 with a call for action to a global tourism community